Sildenafil vs Tadalafil is both treatments for erectile dysfunction that have been around since 2017. Both have their ups and downs, and different people have different experiences with them because everyone’s body is different.
Tadalafil is the generic name for Cialis. Sildenafil, on the other hand, is the generic name for Viagra. It’s important to remember that there are no chemical differences between generic and brand-name versions of the same drug.
Table of Contents
- Sildenafil is a drug used to treat men who can’t get or keep an erection. When sexual stimulation happens, it works by relaxing the smooth muscle in the penis.
- People use Sildenafil pills like Cenforce 100mg, Cenforce 150mg, and Cenforce 200mg for their ED. This makes it easy for blood to get into the penis, which causes an erection. It can help you get a stronger, longer-lasting erection.
- Sildenafil was first sold on the market in 1998 as Viagra, which was made by Pfizer. Pfizer spent a lot of money on developing Viagra, testing it on people, and getting the word out about it.
- Both have the same active ingredient, and they both work just as well as the other.
- Tadalafil is another drug used to treat problems with getting or keeping an erection. Like sildenafil, tadalafil works by letting the smooth muscles in the penis relax, which makes the blood vessels bigger.
- People with ED use Vidalista 60mg, Vidalista 80mg, and Vidalista 20mg to let blood flow into the penis when a man is sexually aroused, which causes an erection.
- Tadalafil was first sold on the market as Cialis in 2003. It was made by the drug company Eli Lilly.
- The active ingredient in both generic tadalafil and Cialis is the same, and there is no difference in how well the two work.
What Lasts Longer?
- Sildenafil doesn’t last as long as tadalafil does. Sildenafil works for up to 4 hours, while tadalafil can keep working for up to 36 hours.
- This doesn’t mean that you will always have an erection for as long as each drug is working.
- It means you will get an erection when sexually stimulated for as long as the drug is working.
- Tadalafil 2.5mg and 5mg (Cialis daily) can be taken every day and is best for people who have more than two sexual encounters per week.
Which one Works Faster? Sildenafil vs Tadalafil
- Sildenafil takes about 10 to 20 minutes longer to work than tadalafil.
- This can vary from person to person and depend on how they react to each treatment.
- Also, tadalafil can be taken with or without food, and it won’t change how strong the drug is or how fast it works.
- Sildenafil works between 30 and 60 minutes after you take it, while tadalafil works between 20 and 30 minutes after you take it.
- Blue Pill and Cialis both work best when your stomach is empty. If you take Cialis or Blue Pill after a meal, it may take longer for it to work.
- Sildenafil, on the other hand, should be taken when you are not hungry. Sildenafil can take longer to work if you eat before you take it. This is especially true if you eat a meal that is high in fat.
Remember that everyone’s body is different. Some people may find that Sildenafil works better for them than Tadalafil, and vice versa.
Side Effects: Sildenafil vs Tadalafil
- Both tadalafil and sildenafil have similar side effects, but tadalafil’s side effects may last longer because it works over a wider range of time.
- But sildenafil has more common side effects than tadalafil, which don’t seem to be as common.
- Headaches are a common side effect of both. You may also experience facial flushing, which is a sudden feeling of heat on your face.
- It’s important to remember that if you take either drug and start to feel symptoms like chest pain, dizziness, or nausea, or if you have an erection that lasts for four hours or more, you should stop taking the drug and go to the hospital right away.
- Another common side effect of tadalafil and sildenafil is a stuffy nose.
- The main difference between the two drugs is how long they stay in your body. Tadalafil can work for up to 36 hours, so if you have trouble getting an erection, you should be able to take it at any time during that time frame.
- Each drug has its own list of side effects, which is another reason why a person may prefer one ED drug over another.
- Last but not least, it’s important to know what drugs Sildenafil and Tadalafil interact with (this information is at the bottom) so you can decide which drug is best for you.
Interactions: Sildenafil vs Tadalafil
You shouldn’t take Sildenafil if you are taking any of these medicines.
- Sildenafil makes medicines that lower blood pressure works better. This includes nitrates, which also lower blood pressure.
- Isordil (isosorbide dinitrate), imdur, ismo, Monoket (isosorbide mononitrate), Nitro-Dur, and Transderm-Nitro are some drugs like this (nitroglycerin). Most of the time, these drugs are used to treat angina.
- Tagamet (tizanidine), Nizoral (ketoconazole), Erythromycin, Sporanox (itraconazole), Reyataz (atazanavir), and Posicor are all examples of drugs like this (mibefradil).
- Rifampin is known to lower the amount of Sildenafil in the blood, which will probably make it less effective. But if you do, you should start with the lowest dose.
You shouldn’t take Tadalafil if you doing this.
- Tadalafil will make it harder for drugs like Hytrin to lower blood pressure (terazosin).
- Both Tadalafil and alcohol make your blood pressure go down. Because of this, drinking alcohol while taking Tadalafil may make some side effects worse, like dizziness, headaches, and a faster heart rate.
- It’s also important that you don’t mix ED drugs (like vardenafil, Levitra, tadalafil, sildenafil, Cialis, viagra, avanafil, etc.) unless your doctor and pharmacist tell you to. This includes all other PDE5 inhibitors.
Conclusion: Which One is Better, Sildenafil vs Tadalafil?
If you want to know whether you should use tadalafil or sildenafil, you have to try both.
If you tried one tablet and liked it, you should try it a few more times so your body can get used to it.
On paper, tadalafil is better than sildenafil because it has more benefits, most notably that its effects last longer. It also works more quickly than sildenafil and has fewer side effects.
Even though both treatments work better tadalafil is not as affected by food as sildenafil is. But the truth is that different treatments work for different people in different ways. Because of its quick mechanism of action, some men prefer sildenafil to tadalafil.